Samsung just revealed its Samsung Galaxy S10 family this week and it comes with a multitude of incredible and futuristic features including absolutely bezel-less screen, faster performance, multiple cameras, alongside the Bixby customization option. Yep, you have heard it right. “Now, you can customize the button to launch Bixby with either a single or double press, and map the other option to launch your favorite app or Quick command,” Samsung said in a release Friday.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Bixby Button Remapping Guide
Thankfully, Samsung has found out the way to remap the most dreaded Bixby button. While this can be done only on the Samsung Galaxy S10, however, it will be backported to the Samsung Galaxy S8, Note 8, S9, and Note 9 in the upcoming software update.
So want to know how you can remap the Bixby button on the new Samsung Galaxy S10 device? We have you covered. Here’s how it is done:
Remapping the Bixby button can help you launch any of your favorite apps effortlessly without having to scroll and find one manually. Whether you want to open WhatsApp using a single button or load the camera on the go, you can do it using the Bixby button remapping.
Follow the following steps to remap the Samsung Galaxy S10’s Bixby button.
- Launch the Settings Option in your Samsung Galaxy S10 phone.
- Navigate the Settings App until you find the option called “Advanced Features”.
- You will find the option – “Bixby Key” there. Tap to open it.
- Select “Double Press to Open Bixby” option.
- On the next screen, you will need to enable “Use single press” toggle.
- Tap inside the “Use Single Press” area.
- From there, tap “Open App”.
- You will be taken to the list of applications you have on your device. You need to select the app you want to open using the Bixby button. Tap the app you want to select.
That’s it. Now you can double press the Bixby button to open the app, and single-press it to open anything you want. There are also some 3rd party apps that support bixby button remapping on galaxy s10.