Gone are the days when we used to spend hours trying to manage our smartphone data! Now there are so many amazing data managers and transfer tools that can help you move your content easily. For instance, you can try a native tool like Samsung Smart Switch or use third-party Samsung file transfer software. Though, with so many choices, confusion also arises about Samsung data transfer. To help you pick the best data manager for Samsung, we have come up with this guide. It has included 4 handpicked Samsung file transfer Mac and Windows that you should try.
Solution 1: dr.fone – Switch for one-click data transfer
Yes – you have read it right. With just a single click, you can easily move your data from one phone to another. Therefore, if you wish to transfer your data to or from your Samsung phone, then you should certainly try this tool. It can help you transfer your photos, videos, music, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, notes, messages, and so much more. It supports all the latest Samsung models too, so that you can also do Samsung S10 file transfer as well.
- The tool performs a direct device-to-device Samsung file transfer. That is, you can transfer data between iPhone and Samsung or any other Android and Samsung as well.
- Users can select the type of data they wish to transfer. As of now, it is compatible with all the leading data types like photos, videos, audios, contacts, messages, call logs, etc.
- It features an extremely user-friendly and intuitive interface. With just one click, you can move your data from one phone to another.
- During the transfer, the data is not stored anywhere in between. Also, its quality is not compromised as well.
- Lightning fast data transfer
- Extremely simple and easy to use
- 100% secure as the data is not stored anywhere in between
- Extensive compatibility with all the leading iOS and Android phones
- Can’t transfer data between Samsung and computer
Solution 2: dr.fone – Transfer (Android) – An ultimate Samsung data manager
With dr.fone – Switch, you can directly transfer data between your Samsung and any other smartphone. Though, if you wish to manage your data on a computer or Mac, then you should try dr.fone – Transfer (Android). It is a complete Samsung device manager that can be used to transfer data between different sources. Since the application is available for both Windows and Mac, you can do Samsung file transfer Mac or Windows with this one.
- It can transfer all kinds of content between your Samsung device and the connected system.
- Apart from that, you can also directly transfer data between Samsung and another Android/iOS device as well.
- The tool can even rebuild iTunes library or move data from iTunes to Samsung, without using iTunes.
- It can help you manage photos, videos, audios, contacts, messages, and more. There are dedicated tabs for different data types on the interface.
- Since the application provides a preview of your data, you can perform a selective transfer quite easily.
- Fully compatible with all the popular Samsung devices. You can even perform Samsung S10 file transfer with dr.fone.
- A preview of data is available for selective transfer
- Numerous utility tools like ringtone maker
- Comes with a sophisticated file manager for Android
- Only free trial is available
Solution 3: Samsung Smart Switch (Free + Basic Features)
If you own a Samsung Galaxy device, then you can also take the assistance of Smart Switch as well. The tool is developed by Samsung to manage the device’s data. While the mobile application can help you transfer your data from your old phone to Samsung, the desktop application provides backup and restore solutions. The tool will not meet every requirement of yours, like a selective Samsung file transfer. Although, you can use it for your basic data backup/restore needs.
- The desktop application of Samsung Smart Switch can be used to take an extensive backup of your phone on the system.
- Furthermore, you can also restore data from an existing backup file to your device as well.
- It can also be used to sync your contacts with Outlook.
- The mobile application is used to directly transfer data from an old iOS or Android to a new Samsung device.
- The application can also be used to reinstall the device driver and update your phone to the latest firmware as well.
- Freely available
- Developed by Samsung
- Limited features
- No preview of data is provided
- Users can’t view their device storage or select what they wish to transfer
Solution 4: Android File Transfer for managing Samsung data on Mac
As you know, we can easily explore the Android device storage by connecting it to Windows. Though, when it comes to Mac, there is no such native solution. To overcome this limitation, Google launched a dedicated Mac application – Android File Transfer. This Samsung file transfer Mac can help you explore your Android device storage on Mac. In this way, you can easily transfer data to and from your Samsung and Mac.
- It is a basic file manager for Mac that lets us explore the connected Android device storage.
- Users can move different kinds of data between their Mac and Android freely.
- The tool is developed by Google and is available for free.
- It only supports limited data types. Therefore, users often look for alternatives
- Freely available
- Lightweight application
- The maximum supported file transfer limit is 4 GB
- A basic file explorer (no additional features)
- Users need to manually transfer their data
A Quick Comparison
Here’s a quick comparison of the above-listed tools so that you can pick the best option.
|dr.fone – Switch||dr.fone – Transfer||Samsung Smart Switch||Android File Transfer|
|Function||Direct device to device transfer||A complete Android data manager||Can backup and restore Samsung data||Works as an Android file explorer for Mac|
|Ease of use||Extremely easy||Extremely easy||Complicated||Complicated|
|Data types||Extensive compatibility||Supports all the major data types||Supports all the major data types||Limited support|
|Runs on||Windows and Mac||Windows and Mac||Windows and Mac||Mac|
|Compatibility||More than 6000 devices (extensive iOS and Android compatibility)||Compatible with every leading Android and iOS device||Only supports Samsung galaxy phones||Leading Android devices|
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to pick the best Samsung file transfer for Mac or Windows. Ideally, if you wish to manage your data on your system, then we would recommend dr.fone – Transfer (Android). Though, if you wish to directly move your data from an existing iPhone or Android to Samsung, then give dr.fone – Switch a try.