You might have made up your mind to upgrade your phone with the new South Korean Giant’s flagship – The Galaxy S8 or S8+. The reasons for up-gradation are numerous and based on who you ask, these two devices are worth giving a shot, as they are expected to come with the next level features and whole new set of latest technology.
However, after getting your phone from the service provider, in order to save up a few bucks, you might get stuck with the SIM Unlock of your Galaxy S8. Typically, there are a number of ways through which you can unlock your SIM of Galaxy S8 and S8+, but a few of them are functional. Among the few is to plead the service provider for a free unlock code. This thing has fewer chances of working as if you are not that lucky. The next option would be rooting the device and messing with the code. Last but not the least option is to purchase a code from the third-party unlocking service.
To make the SIM unlocking process smooth for your new device, here are the step-by-step instructions.
Find Your Galaxy S8 IMEI Number
The IMEI number is the most important thing to order your SIM unlock code for your Galaxy S8. To get this thing started, you need to locate your unique IMEI number. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, you need to open the phone app in your Galaxy S8 and dial *#06#.
- Soon after this, the device’s 15-digit IMEI number will pop up on your display.
- You can save this number for easy reference.
After getting your IMEI number, you can get your SIM Unlock code either from the customer service provider or from the paid third-party unlocking service.
1: Getting the SIM Unlocking Code from Service Provider
If you find yourself a lucky enough guy and you think you might meet the basic requirements of paying the bills on time etc. you should be entitled to a free unlocking code. In order to give this a try, you need to:
- Call the service provider line for your service provider.
- Request them kindly for the free SIM unlocking code for your Galaxy S8 or S8+.
- If they agree, provide them with your device’s IMEI number.
- They would send you the unlock code by email within 2 to 5 days.
- After getting the code and to unlock your phone, remove the old sim card and swap in another one from another carrier.
- When prompted, type the unlock code.
2: Paid Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8+ SIM Unlock
The method other than pleading from the service line is the paid one that is much expensive, but typically faster. Most of the p[arties provide the code within an hour or two and offer a full refund if the code provided doesn’t work. So, you can get into that without any worries.
Here’s how you can get the paid SIM Unlocking code:
- Go to the unlocking service website like Android SIM Unlock or any other.
- Navigate until you find the Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Enter your phone’s IMEI number that you found earlier.
- Enter your payment details and schedule to complete the payment process.
- The unlock code would be sent to your mailing address in less than an hour.
- Repeat the step 5 and 6 as you find in "Getting the SIM Unlocking Code from Service Provider”.
3: T-Mobile and Metro PCS Unlocking Code
Fortunately, T-Mobile and Metro PCS offers the paid unlock code for the devices. You can follow the instructions below to get the process of Unlocking done:
- Find the T-Mobile or Metro PCS Device Unlocking service for your Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Enter the phone’s IMEI number and complete the checkout process by entering your payment details.
- The service would take 1 to 3 days to complete the process, so you need to be patient while using this method.
- On your phone, open the T-Mobile Device Unlock or Metro PCS Device Unlock app.
- Now press "Continue” and then press "Permanent Unlock” on the screen.
- After this, reboot your phone to complete the process.
So, you can use these methods to SIM unlock your brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+. If you have any other suggestion regarding Unlocking the phone, you can drop your comment in the comments section below.