It was quite disappointing when the Samsung Galaxy S10 series came without the LED notification feature. Since the Samsung Galaxy S6, the LED notification feature came beforehand for the users that allowed them to get in pace with the happenings in their social media applications without the need of checking the phone again and again. But with the Samsung Galaxy S10 series, the manufacturers removed the feature.
Fortunately, with the increasing demand for the feature, Samsung has officially updated the Edge Lighting Plus application that allows the users to once again rejoice the LED notification feature. This time it brings along the cutout hole of the S10 devices.
So want to know how to enable this LED notification light on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus? Here’s how.
How To Enable LED Notification Light on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
Let’s check out how you can enable the LED notification light on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus:
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Edge Lighting Plus application from Galaxy Store on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus device, in order to enable the LED notification light.
- Once the application is downloaded and installed, you need to launch the app from the application menu.
- In the app, you will find an “Effect” option that will be present in the bottom bar of the home interface.
- In the “Effect” option, you will see a multitude of edge lighting effects. You can scroll through the options in order to find the best-suited effect for your device.
- By tapping on the effect, you will be able to see the preview of what the effect would look like.
- Tap on done to choose the selected Lighting effect for your device.
How To Customize LED Notification Light on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
The best thing about the lighting Edge application is that it allows you to customize the lighting effects according to your needs and preferences. You can change the color of the light, transparency of the light as well as the duration of the lighting effect.
Customize the Color
Here’s how to customize the color:
- Go to the Edge Lighting Plus application and tap on the Color option.
- From there, you would be able to see various preset colors.
- There is also the multicolor circle option from where you can basically pick any color from the wheel.
- You can also custom select the colors for each and particular app. For this, tap on the “Custom color” option and then tap “manage notifications”. Select the app that you want to display a custom color and go back to the color page. You can select any color of your choice for that particular app.
Customize the Transparency
For this, tap on the “Transparency” option from the bottom bar and use the slider to adjust the transparency of the edge lighting effect.
Customize the Duration
To change the duration of which the edge lighting effect lasts:
- Tap on Duration on the bottom bar.
- You would be able to pick from Short, Medium, and Long duration options.
- Tap on “Done” when satisfied.
Enabling LED Notification on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Using Holey Light
Holey Light is another application designed for the very purpose of enabling the LED light notification feature on Samsung galaxy S10 Plus. Here’s how you can use this app to rejoice the ultimate LED lighting feature.
- Download and install the Holey Light app from Google Play Store.
- Launch the application from the app menu and allow the permissions the app is asking for.
- The app gives 3 different animation options to select from – Blink, Swirl, and Unholy Light. You would see the battery percentage consumption for each animation style.
- Tap on the animation style you need to select.
There are many cool features in the application. You can discover them by playing around.
Voila! You can now enjoy cool lighting on every notification on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.