You must be familiar with certain basics, if you are one of the owners of the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus. Including the Volume Up/Down and a side button which also works as a Bixby button and can be used to power on the device when it’s switched off, the Galaxy Note 10 and the Note 10 Plus have just 3 hardware buttons in total. We will be discussing the functions of the Note 10 buttons and key combinations in today’s post as well, so you must read this post till the very end.
How to Boot Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ to Download / Recovery Mode?
Now let us begin by turning on the Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus. So we can boot it into the Download and the Recovery modes.
You must have discovered some new things about the Galaxy Note 10 plus hardware buttons, if you have been using this smartphone for a while. First of all, Samsung has changed the way we used to boot the Galaxy phones into the Download or Odin mode. Secondly, it doesn’t have a dedicated Power Button anymore.
Galaxy Note 10 Plus, Power Off
You will end up opening the Samsung Bixby screen, if your Galaxy Note 10 Plus smartphone is turned on and you want to turn it off by pressing and holding the side button on the left side of your device. To power off, Both Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus doesn’t have a hardware button. So here is how you can power off the Galaxy Note 10 Plus smartphone.
- By pulling down the status bar, open the Notifications panel or the Quick Settings page.
- Tap the “Power” icon and select the “Power off” or “Restart” option.
How to Boot Galaxy Note 10 Plus into The Recovery Mode
You can simply use the Bixby + Volume Up + Power keys to boot it into the stock recovery mode, On Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. But Galaxy Note 10 Plus procedure is different because of the fact that it only has 3 hardware keys including the Volume Up, Volume Down and the side key. Follow the steps given below, to boot your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus into the stock recovery mode:
- For 3 to 4 seconds, press the Volume Up + Side buttons simultaneously. When you enter the recovery mode, release the keys.
- Until you see the following screen, keep both of the buttons pressed.
How to Enter Galaxy Note 10 Plus Download Mode
There is a new option in the stock recovery of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus. You can still access the download mode despite the fact that Samsung had removed the older Volume Down+ Power + Bixby key combination. Follow the steps described below to access the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Download Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume up and the Power keys at the same time for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Doing so, you will get into the stock Recovery menu screen.
- Use the Volume up and down button to navigate as the screen doesn’t support touch.
- Go to Reboot to boot loader option and select it using the Power button.
- Your Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus will boot into the Download Mode now.
- You can now connect your Note 10 and launch Odin.
- Using Odin, you can install stock Samsung firmware on your Note 10 or flash a recovery image file using Odin.
If your Galaxy Note 10 or Galaxy Note 10 Plus device used to shut down during calls abruptly then try to clean Phone app’s as well as the Note 10 Plus cache via recovery. If it won’t work then download the latest Galaxy Note 10 Plus firmware from here, to flash it via Samsung Odin tool. It should fix the problem that you are facing. Also there’s a simple tool called Samsung 300K Tool, by using it you can enter into the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Download mode without pressing the hardware keys. We will soon upload a guide on that as well.